The complaints procedure
What happens when a dispute occurs between you and one of our members?
In the unfortunate event of a dispute arising between yourself and a KSA member the incident can be reported to us by filling in our dispute registration form. The completed form along with a copy of the quotation, drawings and any relevant communication between yourself and the kitchen company should be submitted to your regional KSA office.
The KSA will report your complaint to the company concerned and give them 48hrs to respond in writing. Should we not be able to resolve the dispute telephonically a site inspection will be organised. The client and representatives from the kitchen company (the owner/manager and the sales representative) should be present at the site inspection. The KSA will not conduct a site inspection if attorneys have become involved. Please note that before a site inspection is arranged any outstanding funds should be deposited into the KSA holding account.
After the site inspection the KSA will generate a report which will state the nature of the work still to be done as well as giving dates by which the work should be completed. Please note that the KSA member will only be expected to work to these deadlines if they are given proper access to the premises and are not hindered in their completion of the work by other contractors.
Should the member fail to complete the work to the KSA’s specifications by the due date without good reason they will risk suspension and possible expulsion from the Association.
The KSA undertakes to assist in any legitimate complaint that falls within the installations and guarantee period. All KSA members have agreed to abide by the Code of Conduct and abide by any ruling handed down by the KSA.
Submitting a complaint
- Download the dispute registration form.
- Complete the form in detail using black ink.
- Compile the following documents:
- Your quotation from the member
- All drawings pertaining to the job
- Any relevant communications between you and the member relevant to the complaint
- Fax/email the completed dispute registration form and required documentation to your regional KSA office.
- Your regional KSA office will then contact you to take the complaint further.