KSA membership is not easily awarded. Applying member's references are thoroughly checked, they need to meet certain minimum standards as well as be in good standing within the industry.
- The applicant must have a showroom
- The applicant must have been trading for a minimum of three years
- The applicant must be registered in terms of South African law
- The applicant must be registered for VAT
Kitchen company members receive a service award should they have completed the year with no site inspections. These awards are highly prized by the members and are seen as a way for them to distinguish themselves from other operators in the industry.
By using a KSA member you are affording yourself extra security. Members have had their credentials vetted and are seen to be in good standing. Should you make use of the services of a KSA member and not be entirely satisfied with their workmanship you have recourse through the Association. The KSA will entertain and investigate any legitimate complaint within the guarantee period. Every effort will be made to resolve the issue in a manner equitable to both parties.
Should you be nervous about handing over funds to a KSA member or should a dispute arise the KSA has a holding account where funds can be deposited on agreement with the kitchen company at no cost to the consumer.
The KSA holding account provides security to both consumers and members alike.
This account offers a safe place for disputed funds, deposits and other payments and can be utilised, at no cost to the consumer, at any time on mutual agreement with the kitchen company.
Membership of the KSA sets you apart from your competitors.
Consumers recognise membership of the Kitchen Specialists Association as the only hallmark of professionalism, craftsmanship and fair dealing within the kitchen industry. Membership also offers a wide range of other advantages:
- Approved showroom facilities - the ability to show the quality and value of products offered for sale is a condition of membership.
- Assured fair dealing - a mediation service by the KSA is available in the event of a dispute.
- A say in the future of the industry - via regional and national KSA committees. Learn the latest market information and ideas and help shape future KSA policies.
- Free local sales leads - generated by the Association's marketing campaign.
- Free publicity - via the KSA newsletter, web site and national and local publications.
- Regular information updates - to help keep in touch with the latest changes in regulations affecting the industry.
- Access to major manufacturers - leading manufacturers are KSA affiliate members.
- In-store point-of-sale support material - advertising material is available to assist KSA members at the point-of-sale.
- Ability to turn the client's dream of a new kitchen into reality.
- Ability to interpret the client's needs.
- Skill and specialist knowledge.
- Make correct choices - furniture, appliances, tiling, flooring, ceiling, work surfaces, sinks, taps, lighting.
- Design/organisational skills.
- Skilled manufacturing process.
- Project management.