On Monday 23rd March 2020 President Cyril Ramaphosa announced the enforcement of a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days from midnight on Thursday 26 March 2020.
We fully support the steps taken to curb the transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
For real-time statistics, updates and information about the spread of the COVID-19 virus, as well as official media releases, visit the South African Government’s Online Resource & News Portal: www.sacoronavirus.co.za
Information and Tips from the Kitchen Industry.
Are there items you shouldn’t store in your kitchen cupboards?
It may seem strange to you but there are actually some things that it is advisable not to store inside a kitchen cupboard or drawer. We are accustomed to our kitchens being the perfect place to store most things but what if the things we are storing,...
Porcelain / Sintered surfacing - All you need to know
Granite and engineered stone have long been the material of choice for counter-tops, but as trends have begun to demand a cleaner sleeker look, there has been a need for a hard-wearing surfacing material that has similar properties to stone but that ...
Understanding and Signing Off your Kitchen Plans
The plans and renders that your kitchen designer present to you and that you will be asked to sign off are not just pretty pictures to assist you in visualising your kitchen. They are legal documents that depict what you have engaged and authorised t...
Hinges & Hardware - The Backbone of your Kitchen
When designing your kitchen, it is important not to overlook the interior function of your units in favour of the external aesthetics and overall appearance. The hardware you select, namely hinges for doors and runners for drawers, forms the backbone...
Built in or Free Standing? Which Cooking Appliances to Choose
For so many people making a choice about what appliances they want comes pretty far down the list when they start planning for a new kitchen. But why? Appliances are one of the more expensive items in your kitchen that have both an aesthetical and fu...
The Consumer Protection Act and the Kitchen Industry
Consumers in South Africa are offered protection by the Consumer Protection Act. The Act focuses on consumer protection by clearly setting out the rights of consumers and then also the responsibility of suppliers – both of goods and services. It gi...
Everything you need to know before starting a kitchen renovation
The majority of problems we see at the KSA (Kitchen Specialists Association) can often be traced back to clients not being fully informed about what the process of installing a new kitchen involves. All too often client’s have misconceptions about...
Give your kitchen a facelift – Advice from interior design expert John Autard
John Autard, interior designer, retired head of the Cape chapter of the Institute of Interior Designers and editor of the successful e-publication Interior Placements was asked by the KSA for his thoughts on giving your kitchen a face lift:...
Latest Info & Tips
- Why visit a Showroom
- Kitchen Living - Indoors to Outdoors
- What should be on your Quote?
- Know what Quartz Surfacing you are buying
- KSA Handover Checklist
- Kitchen Lighting
- Why use a Kitchen Designer?
- Kitchen Dictionary
- Aligning your Tastes and your Budget
- How will European trends hit the SA market…
- Do you know what products your kitchen company is using?
- Are there items you shouldn’t store in your kitchen cupboards?
- KSA Handover Checklist
- Porcelain / Sintered surfacing - All you need to know
- To Handle or not to Handle?
- How best to use Colour in the Kitchen?
- Playing with your Budget
- Kitchen Dictionery
- Understanding and Signing Off your Kitchen Plans
- Hinges & Hardware - The Backbone of your Kitchen
- What is Solid Surfacing
- Water Saving Advice
- A New Kitchen - What happens, when and by whom...
- Plumbing & Electrics - What you should know…
- Understanding Your Kitchen Quote
- The Hidden Costs of a Kitchen Revamp
- Get that High Gloss Look in your Kitchen
- Built in or Free Standing? Which Cooking Appliances to Choose
- Kitchen Plumbing Advice from the Experts
- Top 5 Kitchen Mistakes
- Clever Storage Solutions
- The Consumer Protection Act and the Kitchen Industry
- Beware! Kitchen Design Errors
- Handover Checklist
- When is the Right Time for a Kitchen Re-vamp?
- Glass in your Kitchen
- Kitchen Design Through the Ages
- Let’s Talk Contracts
- Stone Countertops. 10 Must Know Facts.
- What to Sink About
- Budgets, Budgets, Budgets.
- Why invest In your kitchen
- Get the most out of your stone budget
- Board in the kitchen
- My nightmare using a non-KSA Member
- Planning a Kitchen - What to Expect
- Why Give Your Kitchen Designer a Budget
- The Dos and Donts of Timber
- An Island in your kitchen
- Ergonomic Kitchen Design
- Integrated appliances - why are they making a come back?
- LP Gas - be informed and be safe
- Make the most of a small kitchen
- The importance of a properly constructed cupboard
- Tips for a hot and happening kitchen
- House & Leisure Q&A with the KSA
- Choosing stone tops - everything you need to know
- 3 things to do before consulting a kitchen company
- Kitchen Finishes
- Choosing an extractor
- Top ten trends from Europe
- Timber in your kitchen
- Glass in your kitchen
- Vital Alternatives from Habitat Magazine
- Vital Statistics from Habitat Magazine
- Top 7 Hints
- Everything you need to know before starting a kitchen renovation
- What is what when it comes to selecting door finishes?
- Tips from the Gas Safety Association
- Give your kitchen a facelift – Advice from interior design expert John Autard
- Going Green in the Kitchen
- Hardware - The hidden backbone of your kitchen
- Kitchen Installation Timeline
- The KSA and the Consumer Protection Act
- Helpful advice from the Master Builder’s Association (MBA)
- Comparing Kitchen Tops - What is what when it comes to selecting tops?
- Appliances - You and your kitchen
- Colour Trends
- Compare apples with apples when it comes to quotes